Configuring claim boundaries
Configuring claim boundaries for your documents
You can fine-tune ClaimMaster's claim parsing to your internal document structure by having it parse only the text region which contains claims. Doing this will cut down on the number of parsing errors and also improves the parsing speed, because the software does not need to search through the entire document to identify the claims.
To configure replacement fields in ClaimMaster, click on the Preferences menu, then Configure Claim Boundaries:
Then, in the open window you'll need to specify the words that indicate the start and the end of the claims section. For example, “Claims:” and “Abstract.” When ClaimMaster will search for claims in your document, it will first search for the claim section between the specified first and the last delimiters. If it finds this region, it will only parse claims from within that claim section. The following options are available when specifying claim boundaries:
- This section lists words that delimit the beginning of the claim section. You can add more words here, if needed. Each word/phrase should start on a new line.
- This section lists words that delimit the end of the claim section. You can add more words here, if needed. Each word/phrase should start on a new line
- Press this button to test the configuration. ClaimMaster will try to highlight the claim section in the document based on the beginning/end delimiters.
- Check this box in case ClaimMaster incorrectly identifies the claim region even if claim delimiters are correctly specified. ClaimMaster uses Word's built-in wildcard search for identifying claim regions. However, on rare occasions, Word's wildcard search does not behave as expected in certain documents. If this happens to you, you can quickly disable claim section searching by selecting this checkbox and clicking "Save".
- Press this button to save the configuration of claim section delimiters.