Generating custom or batch reports
ClaimMaster lets you generate custom proofreading reports, addressing only the specific issues in your documents. In addition, ClaimMaster has a batch processing mode, which lets you run reporting on all documents in a specified directory.
To generate custom reports or run reporting in batch mode, perform the following steps:
- In Word 2007 or later - from the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Stand-alone Reports menu, then select Custom Reports/Batch Processing. Please note that if you click on the "Proofreading Report" button, ClaimMaster will generate the report with the currently configured custom settings (see item 13 below).
- In Word 2003 or earlier - from the ClaimMaster toolbar, click on the Generate Proofreading Reports menu, then select Batch/Custom Reports:
The following options are available from the custom/batch report window:
- Here you can specify whether to generate a Dynamic (HTML) report. This report format (default) will summarize all findings on a locally generated and stored webpage. Its main advantages are much improved readability, ability to perform smart searches within the specification/claims, and interactive features allowing for simpler analysis of identified problems. If a Save Directory is specified, the generated web report will be stored there.
- Here you can specify whether to generate a Static Table report, in either PDF or Word format. This report presents all identified issues in a standard table format. It's not interactive, but could be viewed/emailed as a stand-alone file. If a Save Directory is specified, the generated PDF/Word report will be stored there.
- Select various options for the claim tree, either in image or text formats. For more information, please see the section on viewing claim tree.
- Select various options for checking claims. For more information, please see the section on viewing claim errors. From here, you can also configure various rules used for checking the claims.
- Select various options for checking antecedent references in claims. For more information, please see the section on missing antecedents.
- Select whether you want to check claim phrases/words for support in the specification. For more information, please see the section on missing specification support.
- Select whether you want to check the patent document for consistent part numbering. For more information, please see the section on part number checking.
- If you have a drawings file for your application, you can specify it in this section to have ClaimMaster analyze the part numbers in the drawings for inconsistencies. If you are generating a Static Table, you can also specify whether to insert figures into the report using the checkbox below.
- Select to check the text for inconsistent acronyms. For more information, please see the section on checking acronyms.
- Select whether you want to check document for various stylistic errors. For more information, please see the section on stylistic errors. From here, you can also configure various rules used for checking the document.
- If the checkbox in "Batch" section is enabled, ClaimMaster will run the selected features in a batch mode on all Word documents in the specified source directory. To do so, enable the “Batch Processing” checkbox, specify the source directory that contains documents that need to be reviewed, and also specify a different target directory where the reports for each reviewed document will be placed. Once you click “Run,” the software will start the batch mode run. For each document in the source directory, the software will create a corresponding report in the target directory.
- To start the reporting process, click Run.
- To save your default settings, click "Save Options". These settings will be used for generating the report when you click on the "Proofreading Report" button in the Word ribbon.