Generate Summary section from claims
Generating Summary section from claims [+Drafting Option Only]
ClaimMaster allows you to quickly generate a draft Summary section for the patent application from a set of selected claims. The conversion process uses natural language processing (NLP) techniques, but is highly customizable based on user-defined templates for Summary generation. To convert one of the existing claims to the Summary section, perform the following steps:
To generate a Summary section, perform the following steps:
- In Word 2007 or later - from the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Patent Drafting Tools menu, then select Generate Application Summary Section From Claims:
Once this option is selected, ClaimMaster will bring up a dialog displaying the current claim tree, allowing you to select the claims from which you'd like to generate a Summary section. The following options are available from this dialog:
- If you've made any changes to the claims while this drafting window is open, click on the "Reload claims" button to re-parse the claims in the open Word document.
- Use these buttons to select only method claims or only independent claims for the generated Summary section.
- Select one or more of the claims to use as the base for the generated Summary section.
- To help with the claim selection, if you hover over any claim number in the claim tree, you will be able to review the text of the claim in the small tooltip window that appears below the claim number.
- This drop-down selection menu lists all of the available Summary generation templates configured in ClaimMaster. You can only select one template at a time.
- Click this button to open settings for Summary generation templates.
- Shows the preview of the generated Summary section, based on the selected claims (item 3) and the Summary template selected above (item 5). You can make edits directly into the preview window. When you insert the generated Summary into the document (item 12), the text from the preview window will be used during insertion. Note that re-selecting claims (item 3) or a new template (item 5), will reset the preview window, so your edits will be lost.
- Press +/- buttons to adjust the font size in the preview window (item 7) for easier review.
- Specify whether to insert the generated Summary into the currently open Word document or into a new Word document (to be created when "Insert Summary" button is clicked).
- Specify whether to insert the generated Summary into the document as part of the pre-defined section with a specific header (e.g., "Summary", etc.).
- Press this button to add the generated Summary (as shown the preview window) into either the currently open document or a new Word document, depending on the settings specified in item 11. The Summary will be inserted as part of the section (if any) specified in item 10.
- Press this button to dock/undock the patent drafting window to the left side of the open Word document. If the patent drafting window is already docked, it will be undocked from the Word document and will appear floating on top of it.
- When this button is pressed, you'll be presented with a workflow window that will let you quickly move on to the next patent drafting operation, such as shown below: