Excess fee calculator
Calculating excess claim fees
ClaimMaster can help you calculate any excess claim fees, if any, that are due to the USPTO or EPO. The calculations are based on the number of claims. Based on status indicators, the software can estimate the fees for the claims that have been previously paid for.
To calculate excess claim fees, perform the following steps:
- In Word 2007 or later - from the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Time-Saving Tools menu, then select Calculate Excess Claim Fees:
- In Word 2003 or earlier - from the ClaimMaster toolbar, click on the Time-Saving Utilities menu, then select Calculate Excess Claim Fees:
To calculate fees for the USPTO, switch to the USPTO tab.
- You can use these fields to specify the amount of excess claim fees charged by the USPTO for large/small entities. The displayed fees may be changed when the USPTO’s fee schedule changes.
- Specify whether to perform an excess claim fee calculation using large/small/macro entity fees.
- Check this box if you want multiple dependent fee applied
- Shows the total amount of excess claim fees due to the USPTO.
Viewing excess claim fees (EPO)
To calculate fees for the EPO, switch to the EPO tab.
- You can use these fields to specify the amount of excess claim fees charged by the EPO.
- Use this section to calculate excess fees for any claims in excess of 15 that have not been paid for.
- Shows the total amount of excess claim fees due to the EPO.