Generate brief description of figures
Generating Brief Description of Figures from the Specification
ClaimMaster lets you quickly generate the Brief Description of Figures section based on the figure descriptions found in the specification. This tool will work well if your Specification contains figure descriptions that start in the beginning of paragraphs (or at least sentences), such as "Figure 1 shows" or "Fig. 1 is ..." or "Figures 1A-1B illustrate ...".
To launch this tool, perform the following steps:
- From the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Time-Saving Tools -> Create Brief Description of Figures from the Specification option:
Clicking the above button will launch the Brief Description of Figures tool.
The following options are available from the above window:
- This preview section shows the suggested description of figures pulled from the Specification. For best results, place figure descriptions in the beginning of the sentence or paragraph in the Specification, such as "Figure 1 shows" or "Fig. 1 is ..." or "Figures 1A-1B illustrate ..." and so on. Note that once figure descriptions are identified, you can make edits to the proposed/identified description section directly in the preview window.
- If ClaimMaster notes any gaps between the identified figure numbers (i.e., if any figures are missing), they will be flagged here. These gaps could happen because some figures are not used in the Specification or because they weren't picked up from the Specification due to how they are described (see above for the suggested language).
- Press this button to reload the proposed Brief Description of Figures from the Specification.
- Press these buttons to adjust the font size in the preview window.
- Press this button to insert the text from the preview window into the document. Note that dark line breaks added to the preview window for better readability will not be inserted into the document.