Renumbering part numbers
Renumbering part numbers
ClaimMaster allows you to renumber part numbers in the document. To do so, click "Renumber part #s in doc" button from the part number editor, as shown below.
Once you select the feature from the menu above, the Figure/part renumbering window will come up. The following operations are available for this feature:
- Specifies the start range for figure renumbering. All associated part #s for the figures in the specified range will be changed (including applying the additional parts increment), as long as they begin with the same number as the figure (e.g., Figure 2 and associated parts 2XX).
- Specifies the range end for renumbering of figures and part #s. If set to "N/A", then only the first figure in the range will be renumbered. However, if checkbox "also renumber subsequent figures" (item 3) is checked, then any subsequent figures will also be renumbered using the same scheme.
- If this checkbox is checked, the subsequent figures following the first specified figure will also be renumbered using the same renumbering scheme. For example, if range 3 is specified as the "start range" (item 1) and this checkbox is checked, all figures starting from figure 3 and onward will be renumbered using the same scheme.
- This text field specifies the increment to be used for shifting both Figure and associated part #s in the Specification. It can be either positive (to increase their value), negative (to decrease figure and part #s), or 0 to skip figure/part name renumbering. If it's set to 0, you should be using the additional part increment (item 5) for renumbering parts without renumbering the associated figures.
- This text field specifies the additional increment (either positive, negative, or 0) to be added to the selected parts in preview table below (item 6). A negative value will reduce part #s, while a positive increment will increase them. Notably, part increments can be applied to the selected rows without figure renumbering. It is a useful operation if you just want to shift some part numbers in the specification by a fixed step to make room for additional parts in the Figure and description.
- The preview table shows the preview of the proposed renumbering changes. It lists the old/new figure numbers and also the old/new part numbers for each affected part name. For example, in the screenshot above, Figure 2 will be changed to Figure 12 because an increment of 10 is specified for the Figures/parts (item 4). Individual part numbers associated with Figure 2 will be incremented by 1003 (1000 due to the change in Figure 2 to Figure 10 and also by additional 3 (item 5)). Only the selected rows will be used for renumbering when "Apply selected changes to the document" button is clicked.
- Press these buttons to select/unselect all rows in the preview table
- Press +/- buttons to adjust the font size in the preview window (item 8) for easier review.
- If this checkbox is enabled, figure and part renumbering changes for the selected items will be applied using Word's Track Changes option.
- Press this button to apply figure and part renumbering changes to the Specification for the selected items in the preview table.