Check for USPTO DOCX issues
Checking for the USPTO DOCX conversion issues
The USPTO have recently launched a program to file patent applications with DOCX documents. As part of the filing process, the USPTO's DOCX engine will check the uploaded DOCX documents for many conversion issues related to improper document sections, fonts, formatting, and various stored metadata. Documents with such issues may be rejected until the identified problems are fixed. ClaimMaster can now check your documents for most of the same DOCX conversion issues that would be checked by the USPTO's DOCX engine during application upload, thus allowing you to avoid delays when filing your patent applications in DOCX format
To identify various DOCX conversion issues in your document, perform the following steps:
- In Word 2007 or later - from the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Individual Tools menu, then select Check Document for the USPTO DOCX Conversion Issues:
- In Word 2003 or earlier - from the ClaimMaster toolbar, click on the Individual Proofreading Tools menu, then select Check Document for the USPTO DOCX Conversion Issues:
Once you select the feature above, ClaimMaster will check your Word documents for various conversion issues related to improper document sections, fonts, formatting, and various stored metadata.
- Shows various DOCX errors and warnings. Each DOCX report message is clickable. A full list of DOCX issues is available from the USPTO's DOCX site.
- This window provides explanations/suggestions for fixing the reported problems. In addition, any errors associated with the loaded scripts will be shown in this window.
- Use this button to launch Word's Document Inspector that will allow you remove/modify hidden metadata and XML issues in your document. Click here for more information on Document Inspector.
- Pressing this button undocks or docks the reporting window to the main Word window.