Configuring auto-complete entries
Configuring auto-complete text settings
ClaimMaster also allows you to store auto-complete entries as part of the boilerplate paragraphs. When using auto-complete, ClaimMaster will provide you with "as-you-type" suggestions for the commonly used terms in your documents. Suggestions will appear after four characters are typed into the document. You can then press "Enter" to bring up a menu that lets you select from a list of suggestions for auto-completing your term name when you type. In addition, ClaimMaster can complete acronym definitions using the same approach.
You can import terms and acronym definitions into your auto-complete text list from claims and specification, or specify it manually, either in the tool or directly in the ClaimMaster Boilerplate docx file (under "Auto-complete") section.
Configuring Auto-Complete Options
The following options allow you to specify auto-complete preferences in the Settings window:
- Press this button to enable/disable auto-completion of defined acronyms and terms in your documents
- Press this button to import terms from the current document.
- As part of the import, you can specify whether to import terms from claims, specification, acronym definitions. Here you can also specify whether to import only multi-word terms to cut down on the overall number of suggestions.
- The list of terms appears here. You can edit//add/remove terms from this list directly in this text window.
- Acronyms are defined using [ACRONYM]::[ACRONYM DEFINITION] syntax. For example, FED::Field Emission Display (FED). When you want to auto-complete acronyms, preface them with $ symbol, such as $FED or $TCP and ClaimMaster will show auto-completion suggestions for you.
- Click this button to save your auto-complete terms.