ClaimMaster provides a number of ways to customize the software and store/configure settings for various features. The majority of settings are accessible from the "Preferences" menu.
To configure ClaimMaster's preferences, perform the following steps:
- In Word 2007 or later, from the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Preferences, Extra Tools, Help menu, then Preferences menu.
Next, the Preferences dialog will appear. From here you, can set various preferences for ClaimMaster. Below are the available options in the Preferences dialog:
- Configures section headers for identifying document sections.
- Configures claim viewer settings.
- Here you can enable docking of the reporting/patent drafting windows and also specify their location when docked (e.g., right/left custom task pane in Word) or floating next to the Word document. If docking is disabled, reporting windows will float on top of the currently open Word document.
- If this option is checked, ClaimMaster will minimize Word during processing operations. This is often effective for improving the ClaimMaster's processing speed on slower connections, usually when it is installed on a terminal server or Citrix.
- If this option is enabled (by default), then boilerplate entries will be loaded and stored during the initial start of ClaimMaster. If it's disabled, then ClaimMaster will not load boilerplate entries automatically, which helps in certain environments where users do not have sufficient permissions to modify and save ClaimMaster template, which causes warnings when users quit Word.
- If the "Track usage" checkbox is enabled, ClaimMaster will keep track of which features are used. By clicking on "Statistics", you'll be able to review your usage statistics over time.
- Sets font size for the reporting windows
Patent Proofreading Settings
- Specifies the default format for the results when individual proofreading tools are executed. By default, reports are opened in the Word task pane, but you can also open them as stand-alone HTML/PDF/Word reports.
- If you want to share the HTML report with others, select "Compact format" option for HTML reports, as shown below. The generated report will be compressed into a single HTML file that can be shared with others.
- Configures claim rules that are used for checking claims for errors.
- Also lets you configure quick keyword rules for claims.
- Also lets you configure quick keyword rules for the document.
- Configures default report settings
- Configures part-checking rules.
- Configures antecedent basis checking preferences
- If enabled, ClaimMaster will not report vague claim dependencies, such as "A device for performing all steps as specified in claim 1." Such claim arguable could could be interpreted either as an independent claim or a claim dependent from claim 1.
Patent Drafting Settings
Settings for Shells, Templates, and PAIR Automation
- Configures settings for Word shells
- Configures Boilerplate settings
- Launches Shell creation wizard
- Configures attorney/firm/custom replacement fields
- Configures OA Summary settings
- Configures Biblio Data and PAIR settings