ClaimMaster provides a number of ways to customize the software and store/configure settings for various features. The majority of settings are accessible from the "Preferences" menu.
To configure ClaimMaster's preferences, perform the following steps:
- In Word 2007 or later, from the ClaimMaster Ribbon, click on the Preferences menu.
- In Word 2003 or earlier, from the ClaimMaster toolbar, click on the Preferences menu.
Next, the Preferences dialog will appear. From here you, can set various preferences for ClaimMaster. Below are the available options in the Preferences dialog:
- Configures claim boundaries for identifying claim sections in the document.
- Configures claim viewer settings.
- If checked, ClaimMaster will dock its reporting windows so that they will open attached to the left/right side of the current Word document. If disabled, reporting windows will float on top of the currently open Word document.
- If this option is checked, ClaimMaster will minimize Word during processing operations. This is often effective for improving the ClaimMaster's processing speed on slower connections, usually when it is installed on a terminal server or Citrix.
- If this option is checked, PDF preview will not be available in IDS Browser, OA Browser, and Shell/Form Generation windows. This may help with some of the error/notification messages from document management systems, such as iManage.
- If this option is enabled (by default), then boilerplate entries will be loaded and stored during the initial start of ClaimMaster. If it's disabled, then ClaimMaster will not load boilerplate entries automatically, which helps in certain environments where users do not have sufficient permissions to modify and save ClaimMaster template, which causes warnings when users quit Word.
- If the "Track usage" checkbox is enabled, ClaimMaster will keep track of which features are used. By clicking on "Statistics", you'll be able to review your usage statistics over time.
- Configures claim rules that are used for checking claims for errors.
- Configures part-checking rules.
- Configures document rules that are used for checking document for errors
- Configures antecedent basis checking preferences
- Configures default report settings
- If enabled, ClaimMaster will not report vague claim dependencies, such as "A device for performing all steps as specified in claim 1." Such claim arguable could could be interpreted either as an independent claim or a claim dependent from claim 1.
Settings for Shells, Templates, and PAIR Automation
- Configures settings for Word shells
- Launches Shell creation wizard
- Configures Boilerplate settings
- Configures claim summary templates.
- Configures attorney/firm/custom replacement fields
- Configures summary templates for generating Summary sections from claims.
- Configures Biblio Data and PAIR settings
- If this option is checked, ClaimMaster will paste claim summaries and trees directly into the open Word document