Here you’ll find a list of our step-by-step tutorials for performing various operations in ClaimMaster. We’ll be updating this section regularly.
Patent Proofreading Tools
- How do I proofread patent documents using ClaimMaster ?
- Checking claims for incorrect numbering, amendment issues, and other problems and informalities
- Checking claims for missing antecedent basis, ambiguities, and other related issues
- Adjusting antecedent basis parsing preferences
- Making sure claim phrases/words are supported in the specification
- Double-checking the claims of the recently issued patents
- Ensuring part names and numbers are consistently used in the specification and figures
- Using helpful part annotation tools to speed up reviewing of figures
- Checking for inconsistent acronyms
- Checking claims and specification for “patent profanities”
- Identifying contextually incorrect phrases
- Checking documents for DOCX issues prior to EFS-Web uploads
- How can I perform post-grant check of the issued patent claims
Patent Drafting and Editing Tools
- Quickly generating an application Summary section from the existing claims
- Generating flow chart figures from the existing method claims.
- Keeping track of part numbers and using auto-complete for part names during drafting of the specification section.
- Adding/removing part numbers to/from claims for EPO submissions
- Turning on auto-complete for acronyms and longer phrases during drafting.
- Generating the summary of claim amendments for the Remarks section of your Office Action responses
Other Time-Saving Tools
- How do I modify amendments and status indicators?
- Quickly switching between the USPTO and Track Changes amendment formatting
- Reviewing and visualizing the hierarchy of the claims in your documents
- Renumbering claims in your documents
- How can I quickly generate claim charts?
- How do I compare claims within a claim set, between documents or patents?
- Calculating excess claim fees
USPTO/EFS-Web Filing Tools
- How do I quickly fill-out IDS forms with the cited prior art data?
- Filling out USPTO forms with bibliographic information
- Importing bibliographic data from your docketing system into ClaimMaster
- Splitting up applications into multiple parts for EFS-Web uploads
- Checking documents for DOCX issues prior to EFS-Web uploading
- Making sure that the headers in your documents match PAIR data
Office Action Shells and Boilerplate Tools
- Analyzing Office Actions and generating Office Action response shells
- Using Office Action Response assistant
- Generating Word shells and emails
- Customizing/creating new shells for Office Action responses
- Using boilerplate entries to save time when drafting responses, applications, and other documents
- Using drop-down control controls in your documents
- Generating patent family trees bases on the US and foreign data
- Quickly opening a patent/publication on your desktop
- Using ClaimMaster to download a large list of US or foreign publications
- Downloading documents from PAIR
- Downloading publications based on the US application number
Other General Tips
- Fixing claim identification and parsing problems